Introduction of forging heat treatment process
Forging heat treatment process regulations (process cards) and heat treatment forging schedules are necessary process documents for guiding heat treatment production. In addition, there should be temporary process notices, heat treatment process codes, heat treatment safety codes,etc.
After the heat treatment process documents are compiled, proofread and approved, they are implemented as “production regulations.” The operator must operate strictly in accordance with the process documents, and shall not change the equipment, fixtures, loading capacity and process parameters without approval; the production manager shall prepare the production according to the plan, prepare the operation plan and arrange the equipment maintenance, and has no right to change the process documents Inspectors shall conduct inspections in accordance with the provisions of the process documents, including inspection methods, inspection locations, sampling quantities, and instruments or tools used; process personnel and inspectors shall supervise the implementation of process documents in pairs.
Heat treatment process regulations The heat treatment process regulations are the criteria that each heat treatment process must follow, and its basic form is the heat treatment process card. It is a regulatory document that operators must comply with, and its basic content is as follows:
(1) General situation of the workpiece: Name and serial number of the forging, material grade, weight, outline size, heat treatment related dimensions, process route, etc.
(2) Heat treatment technical requirements: the quality acceptance index after the completion of the heat treatment process. The technical requirements on the heat treatment process card are more detailed and specific than those on the drawing. For example, after the chemical heat treatment of the parts, they must be ground. The depth of the hardened layer on the heat treatment process card should be added to the amount of grinding.
(3) Workpiece sketch: draw a sketch of the forging on the process card, which is easy to identify and check the work piece. At the same time, it is also clear for the local heat treatment and hardness inspection parts.
(4) Furnace installation method and amount.
(5) Name and serial number of equipment and tooling.
(6) Process parameters: including holding time, cooling method, quenching medium, etc. For chemical heat treatment, it also involves carbon potential, nitrogen potential, and the flow rate of the active medium.
(7) Quality inspection content, inspection methods and random inspection rate.