Definition and details of butt weld fittings
Butt weld fittings general
A pipe fitting is defined as a part used in a piping system, for changing direction, branching or for change of pipe diameter, and which is mechanically joined to the system. There are many different types of fittings and they are the same in all sizes and schedules as the pipe.
Fittings are divided into three groups:
- Butt weld (BW) fittings whose dimensions, dimensional tolerances et cetera are defined in the ASME B16.9 standards. Light-weight corrosion resistant fittings are made to MSS SP43.
- Socket Weld (SW) fittings Class 3000, 6000, 9000 are defined in the ASME B16.11 standards.
- Threaded (THD), screwed fittings Class 2000, 3000, 6000 are defined in the ASME B16.11 standards.
Types of butt weld fittings:
- Elbow 90deg. LR
- Elbow 45deg. LR
- Elbow 90deg. SR
- Elbow 180deg. LR
- Elbow 180deg. SR
- Tee EQ
- Tee Reducing
- Reducer Concentric
- Reducer Eccentric
- End Cap
- Stub End
- Stub End
Applications of butt weld fittings
A piping system using butt weld fittings has many inherent advantages over other forms.
- Welding a fitting to the pipe means it is permanently leakproof
- The continuous metal structure formed between pipe and fitting adds strength to the system
- Smooth inner surface and gradual directional changes reduce pressure losses and turbulence and minimize the action of corrosion and erosion
- A welded system utilizes a minimum of space
The ends of all butt weld fittings are bevelled, exceeding wall thickness 4 mm for austenitic stainless steel, or 5 mm for ferritic stainless steel. The shape of the bevel depending upon the actual wall thickness. This bevelled ends are needed to be able to make a “Butt weld”.
Haihao Group has a more than 30 years experience in production of all types butt welding pipe fittings,our pipe fitting factory has professional facility and technical team for the butt welding elbows,tee,reducers and other fittings.If you have any requirements about the butt welding pipe fittings,welcome to contact us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org